Saturday, July 25, 2009

yup: yup yup

























On this album, the strong suit, at least for yup fans, is the "yup yup" song:

yup yup
yup yup yup

Tuesdays I get drunk, and I yup yup.

yup yup
yup yup yup

Fridays I don't feel nothing, but I yup yup.

yup yup
yup yup yup

When Sunday comes along, I'll need a new line for my song.

yup yup
yup yup yup

...

Critics have assailed the "yup yup" lyrics as an AfroMan rip-off, but most of the songs on this album remind me of Jimmy Buffet tunes.

However, there's the "Christmas in July" party tune that might get more airplay if it weren't "Christmas in July":

When Honey dresses up as Mrs. Claus, I get her a cool sangria
And rub her down in Coppertone so she smells like coconut

...

A nasty song, but it reminds me of The Eagles.

And for booze hounds who like calypso, there's also "inflatable doll" and "drool bucket."

And more.

No comments:

Chorus Line

Queries and Submissions and Forensic Science

albumcoversmadefamous(at)gmail(dot)com

Join the Facebook Party!