Sunday, June 14, 2009

The Wilkonson Brothers

The Wilkonson Brothers consisted of Willie and William, and their many fans often mixed up the two thanks to their similar and/or exactly alike names. This fueled disharmony between the duo. They came to blows on so many occasions that they were only recorded once in their lifetimes, but the record has become a classic amongst the nearly dead. Their sole record features these unforgettable songs:
  • It's Getting So the Ads Are Better Than the Shows
  • I Got the Gout
  • Get Off My Yard, You Little Pricks
  • Corns and Bunions
  • I'll Divorce Her in Heaven
  • I Can't Believe How Tall You Are (I Remember When You Were Only This Tall)
Unfortunately to some, The Wilkonson Brothers left no other music behind, no record of their younger years, though whenever pressed by grandchildren to play their music, one or the other would respond, "All I want's a goddamned beer. Go listen to your hippity-hoppity."

No comments:

Chorus Line

Queries and Submissions and Forensic Science

albumcoversmadefamous(at)gmail(dot)com

Join the Facebook Party!